Sunday, April 11, 2010

Screw going out, I'm lazy.


So I was really lazy this week. Well, no, I actually did allot and fucking partied like I was 18 all over again at Aoki. But I also spent a considerable amount of time doing nothing at home, with all my friends. It was awesome. Renee and I had an impromptu house party on Wednesday and ended up having like 15 people over in our tiny apartment. Notice SIX people are on my couch. It was just chill times, random conversation and lots of junk food.
On Friday, ditching my plans to go to all time favorite Baldwin's, my few best friends and I just spent an entire night talking in my parents recently renovated (by yours truly) kitchen in the Waste-Island, having intense converation, wine and smoked salmon... all the while listening to soothing lounge music (Actually, Corinne Bailey Rae's new album, perfect mood music). We were like, WTF, when did we get so old?
Realizing that a good night in can be as fun as a naughty night out is to me a sign of growing up. I am much more selective when going out, not only wanting to save money but also knowing my tastes, and would often rather stay in. I used to spend most of my nights home alone for a while, I was kinda a recluse, but now I much prefer having a friend over to drink a bottle of wine and babble on about anything over browsing the web alone until 3 am. Another new development is that for the first time in a long time, I actually have straight guy friends to talk and chill with. Its quite pleasant.
What am I doing now? Avoiding my homework like the plague and cuddling with Lola while watching Iron Chef... Hmmm.... Maybe I should have some friends over?!

The GBF.

No comments:

Post a Comment